OUR PRODUCTS

All You Wanted to Know And More

WHAT IS MY CANDLE MADE OF?

Every Little Gray House candle is made with wax from natural, domestically grown soy beans, a hand-picked blend of non-toxic fine fragrance oils and essential oils, and a natural cotton wick for a clean, long-lasting, and even burn

WHY SOY WAX?

Soy wax has numerous health and environmental benefits; it is also produced domestically from many Midwest farms. Some of the benefits include:

  • It is a natural wax option, unlike paraffin wax that may contain toxins

  • Contains no petrol-soot that will blacken walls or ceilings

  • Has a longer lasting burn

  • Derived from a renewable resource (soy beans)

  • Biodegradable and easy to clean-up with soap and water

  • Drives business for local farmers

WHAT LENGTH SHOULD I KEEP MY WICK?

We strongly recommend trimming your wick to 1/4"- 1/2” before lighting your candle each time. This keeps the candle from smoking and producing a large flame, which may lead to soot around the glass Mason jar.
ALWAYS remove the trimmed wick from the candle to prevent it from possibly catching fire

HOW LONG SHOULD I BURN MY CANDLE

When you receive your new candle, let it burn long enough to allow the melted wax on the surface to reach the edge of the jar. This may take 2-4 hours depending on the size of your candle.
After your first burn, we recommend burning your candle for no longer than 5-6 hours at a time for maximum quality and longevity.

WHY DID MY CANDLE "TUNNEL"

The most common reason for a candle to tunnel is not burning long enough the first time it was lit. The first light of a candle is very important in ensuring a clean and even burn for every burn afterward. This is called the Memory Burn.
When you receive your new candle, let it burn long enough to allow the melted wax on the surface to reach the edge of the jar. This may take 2-4 hours depending on the size of your candle.
If the candle does not burn long enough in a large room, you may not be able to smell the wonderful aromas as strongly. After you burn it, your candle may have a bumpy or rough surface. 100% soy wax naturally solidifies this way, and does not effect the quality of the candle in any way

SAFETY FIRST

Always place your candles on non-flammable, heat resistant surfaces, and never leave a buning candle unattended. Also be aware that placing a hot candle on a cool surface like marble or glass may cause the vessel to crack.

When you are down to your last bit of wax, it's time to say goodbye. Burning your candles below 1/4" of wax could result in fire or broken vessels. Good news is that means it's time to light a new candle!

HOW DO I CLEAN MY CANDLE JAR?

Natural ingredients make our candles super easy to clean up- warm water and soap is all you need!

Once your candle has cooled, scoop out any leftover wax with a spoon. You may also use a spoon or fork to pop out the wick tab. Fill your jar with hot water to rinse out any leftover wax and to loosen the wick tab if you were unable to remove it in the previous step. Use a soapy sponge and give the jar a final wash. Now your jar is all ready for a new life in your home!